PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too old - Aussie focus
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 03:03
The_Pharoah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I too old - Aussie focus

hi all

before you ask/point out - yes I've read the perpetual 'am I too old' thread thats in another forum, but I find that this is focused on the UK which doesn't help me, hence I'm doing one here based on where we are (June 2009, not a thread 10 years old). Ok, putting aside the global financial crisis (or "GFC" as people like to refer to it) which is key, I'm pretty much at a point where I need to decide NOW if I want to change careers to learn to fly. All going well, I should have a CPL + ME/CIR next Dec which, I'm hoping, will allow sufficient time for the global economy (and esp the Aussie economy) to improve.

Anyway, my question is - is there any hope for me to make it to the RHS of a jet? I'm looking for feedback from aussie based pilots who have done something similar and esp the attitudes of local airlines. I've read enough on these forums to know its a hard road (for even a 21 y/o) to get up enough hours, etc but I'm definitely committed and my goal is ultimately the LHS of a jet (its a goal).

Please be direct with your responses be it +ve or -ve.

Thanks