PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 29th Jun 2009, 21:23
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 173 Likes on 67 Posts
bealzebub - too right. I know a good man who orphaned his children and widowed his wife because of the banks bankrupting him. Perhaps it does colour my laissez faire attitude to using planned bankruptcy. Those bastards offered the loan, assessed the risk, ventured the money for profit and knew - ultimately - that if they got it wrong big enough that they would be rescued.

Money as debt.

Money as debt.

Money as debt.

Google it people.

Far from trying to shut you up, you have been given a pedestal from which to preach and you use it to full effect. Nothing wrong with been a campaigner for whatever cause you choose, or for being completely immoderate. However it is a contradiction to declare yourself immoderate and then hang the badge of moderator from your name. Your opinions, observations and predictions are no more or less valid than mine or anybody elses generally speaking, however this pedestal provides you with a pulpit that you truly believe gives you a greater stature than your comments would ordinarily deserve.

I haven't been given a pedestal. I've built a pulpit from scratch from 1998. Do you think Wannabes was automatically going to be one of the biggest busiest parts of PPRuNe? On most other sites the ever repeating dull nature of the the Wannabe forum exists as some echo chamber inhabited by 6 teenagers all trying to get excited by the Flyer roadshow and agonising whether to go to Oxford or Jerez.

David Ike, Uri Geller, Jesus; all these are utter losers whom I wouldn't piss on if fire - controversial enough yet? - so please don't bleat on my behalf that that people throw rotten fruit at me.

I have never deleted, supressed or punished people arguing the opposite of my position. Why would I - I spend a considerable amount of time working out how to generate animated discussion - when my vulantary role is to help provide a communication channel which didn't used to exist. IF I was a despot, tyrant I'd just delete your criticism at the wave of a mouse and nobody would be any the wiser. Its that easy. With three clicks and two button presses you would be banned and your last ten posts deleted.

Accusations of abuse of power are therefore hard to take seriously. Call me a pillock, say why, and I don't delete it. The power my postings have because I am a Moderator is slim. But earned. But earned.

I think 3 airlines will go bust this winter. I note Jerez has just knocked £5,000 of their course price...

ps For a change the tennis really is good..