PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 29th Jun 2009, 16:41
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub - welcome back. We haven't had a chat since you got all shirty about planned bankruptcy amongst wannabes wish to train on credit and then dispose of their debts.
If you had searched a little deeper you would have seen that we have. In fact you have stickied a couple of more recent contributions. However on the subject of your promotion of planned bankruptcy (something I assume you haven't availed yourself of?) you then go on to say.
I knew someone who topped themselves in the early 1990's recession because he ended up losing his house and putting his wife and children in a council house. He couldn't get a flying job and the banks bankrupted him.
Not a strong position to be promoting the merits of bankruptcy then? Unless you believe doing it to yourself, is less potentially depressing than somebody else doing it to you?

Far from trying to shut you up, you have been given a pedestal from which to preach and you use it to full effect. Nothing wrong with been a campaigner for whatever cause you choose, or for being completely immoderate. However it is a contradiction to declare yourself immoderate and then hang the badge of moderator from your name. Your opinions, observations and predictions are no more or less valid than mine or anybody elses generally speaking, however this pedestal provides you with a pulpit that you truly believe gives you a greater stature than your comments would ordinarily deserve.

I have no other agenda than to say what I see is happening in the market. If anybody pays any heed to those comments, that is up to them. If you feel your role is to act as a counterbalance to the promises and claims of the pilot training industry, then that is fine. It is of course a counterbalance and not a moderation or arbitration. You are rather doing a David Ike I think, and shooting yourself in the foot in the process. Nevertheless if you feel you once were Jesus, and you have a Uri Geller insight into the future that others don't possess, who am I to argue while you bleed into your new swimming pool. It is not a case of shutting you up. If you read my other posts you will see that I argue for much of what you do. On the other hand you cannot complain that people disrespect the role of the moderator by throwing rotten fruit at it, when the role is used like a soapbox at speakers corner?