PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 29th Jun 2009, 16:21
RoyHudd

I Have Control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right on, WWW!

WWW,

You are 100% correct. No-one in their right mind should lay down good money for pro flight training. Why?

I believe there is no good future in aviation. The industry has peaked and is in rapid decline. As is the car industry, the property market, the investment banking business, and many many others. And that is because our industrial world is in a dramatic era of slowdown. Which is not about to reverse itself. Probably never.

This is not news. This is a majority opinion in nearly every relevant news publication.

Pilots, including experienced bods, are notorious for adopting ostrich strategies. Been guilty of it myself. Prospective pilots be warned. Find work elsewhere and save your money. On no account borrow to do this. It's a profession I love, and it is on its knees. I discouraged my son, and he's thanking me for it.

And WWW. Please don't bust a gut trying to contradict the "experts" that are masters of wishful thinking, particularly those who also have vested interests. They aren't worth a bean.