PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightdeck PA Announcements
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2009, 15:24
Dawdler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that Nightrider. It was an idle thought at the time. I didn't really think that an unqualified person was about to launch us into the air. I have flown often enough to know that the F/O would often be the one "flying".

With regard to my earlier comment about GO airlines. I was on the last flight for a particular aircraft and crew in GO colours after the takeover by easyjet. The CC were all very upset, the senior had been with GO since its inception as had most of that particular crew and all the PA's were given in a very tearful voice.

By the time we reach our destination, (I cannot remember whether it was EMA or Stansted, I suspect the latter.) All of the CC wear in tears and many of the passengers were too. I know it was unprofessional and showed lack of control, but the story seen from their prospective was touching and sometimes quite moving.

As a bystander so to speak it did seem that Barbara Cassini had her legs chopped off at the knees by BA executives who sold out a little too quickly.