PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2009, 10:59
Pedota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted the following in another thread (“Jet* Does it Again) the other day (see below) . . . and correctly I got slammed by Mstr Caution and Green Globlin on my comments about ‘airmanship’.

I did try to defend myself on those grounds, but I was still wrong.

But perhaps the general point is relevant to this thread?

Cheers

Pedota

My wife and I are long term and frequent QF customers. My FF number is so low that QF staff still comment about it and my wife retains her ‘gold’ status.

Last week we needed to go to Perth and we chose Tiger based entirely on price - less than $400 total (not each). It even wasn’t worth using points at that price.

A sample of one does not make a case about anything, but I think the industry’s business model is in the process of changing forever.

And I can report that the whole Tiger customer ‘experience’ was fine . . . easy to use internet ticket purchase; capable and helpful check in staff; brand new A320; hard working and competent cabin crew; great flying and airmanship; and quick baggage retrieval.

There was a minor delay on one sector but the staff provided accurate and timely information – we were all kept in the picture and they worked double speed to turn the aircraft around in minimal time.

We took our own food . . . but frankly airline food is rarely worth eating at any time. And of course our Qantas Club cards were left unused.

We have used airlines like Ryan Air and EasyJet in the UK and Europe and have been very pleased. Sure, you get the occasional delay – but you also get those on High Cost Carriers.

I will select the lowest fare that fits my schedule . . . pretty much like anything else that I buy . . . as there seems little point in paying more for essentially the same thing.

Cheers

Pedota