PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2009, 08:49
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are then reduced to Ryanesque practices like charging a non refundable £1 for a trolley. Even then LoCo pax don't need the trolleys!!!!!!!
Although I had heard you had to pay for trollies at BHX I was naive enough to think that this was only for outbound pax.........

Flew back in last night on the packed EK flight, many of us on board are not your "average" (I use that term lightly!) short one or two week away crowd. We live and work outside the UK for long periods and I for one therefore had no UK money in my wallet and rather more baggage to carry (making a trolley a necessity) than others arriving from Dublin, Paphos and the other flights coming in at that time.

Result: Huge confusion at the (single?) trolley point, very few people with a pound coin in their pocket and no member of staff or any representatives from this rip off trolley company to help out or assist and come to think of it only a few trollies available anyway, certainly not enough in terms of the number of pax in the bag hall at the time An utterly pitiful and to be quite honest disgusting state of affairs at an airport that once had customer service at its heart

In the end a fellow passenger who lives in Dubai changed up some dirhams (at the no doubt high commission crap exchange rate Travelex kiosk) and doled out a pound coin to all of us in need. What makes it even more galling is that on finally getting to the car park, abandoned trollies were everywhere (does anyone actually work for this trolley company??)....at least when I fly back I will not have to pay for the "privilege" of pushing my lugge to check in. I would love to meet the witless, brain dead person who thought up this plan.....almost certainly an accountant with no grasp of people skills or customer service What a great welcome back to the UK and further proof (as if I needed any) that life in the UK is a rip off

Moral of the story: Next time I travel with a rucksack!!

Rant over i'm off out at least the sun is shining........

PS Bags were on belt in super quick time, quite something considering it was a 773 packed to the rafters, good work loaders