PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2009, 23:30
apacau

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll second Mostlytossa... I live in CBR and my family in ADL. If anyone knows CBR, getting a reasonably priced ticket for a weekend away (ie: leave Friday night back Sunday night) used to be impossible, even if booked months in advance (ie: the lowest priced fare buckets were never even released on these services).

Cue Tiger - great timings for Friday evening/Sunday evening trip from Canberra to Adelaide and back with prices to match - can regularly get $48 fares. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've flown TT 15 times now on a variety of routes (but mostly CBR-ADL-CBR) and never had more than a half hour delay - though most are on time or early.

The other benefit of course is that, as if by magic, Qantas and Virgin suddenly have cheaper fares on CBR-ADL-CBR on peak days too! The joys of competition. But Tiger is still cheaper and I'll usually take them - use it or lose it as they say!

And finally a tip - most people don't bother paying extra for a seat, let alone $15 for an exit row. I always ask at check-in and in all but one occasion, I have gotten an exit row seat. And you don't necessarily have to check in early. I have been on some very full flights with an exit row seat or two still unoccupied. The trick is to ask.