PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 28th Jun 2009, 21:15
Donkey497

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
You sound like a Glasgow Herald reader
only when I finish colouring in the daily sport crossword. I am but a simple engineer

Is Gatwick within or adjacent to the London City boundary? - basically the M25 - Not really.
Is Prestwick within or adjacent to the Glasgow City boundary? - in a word - NO.
Is Stansted within or adjacent to the London City boundary? - basically the M25 - Not really.
Is Skidrow within or adjacent to the London City boundary? - basically the M25 - Yes.
Is Glasgow airport within or adjacent to the Weej City boundary? - pretty much, although some would argue that it should really be Paisley International .
Is Edinburgh airport within or adjacent to the Edinburgh City boundary? - Pretty Much.

Basically, I'm willing to acept that if the airport is within the boundary, adjacent to it , or at a stretch within 15 minutes by reasonably priced surface transport, then it's fair to call it after the nearest large settlement, but only after one place.

I do object the their calling an airport after another city purely to confuse the majority of their customers. Honesty is afterall the best policy where geography is concerned.