PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 28th Jun 2009, 15:02
Artie Fufkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You just don't necessarily like it.
I am totally disinterested. I am neither a wannabe nor someone who works at an FTO. Whether I like the message or not is irrelevant.

For the record, I understand what you are trying to do here, agree with it and admire your efforts towards what is quite obviously a thankless task. However... if you are interested in reaching the target audience (the person just about to sign on the dotted line) then I beleive more could be acheived by toning down the rhetoric, which has become particularly strong recently.

Is the message really getting through? I see that Oxford is putting on an extra course due to not being able to meet demand on its August / September Integrated course!!

You hear lots of people saying that they don't even read pprune anymore because of the relentless slagging off of anyone who wants to train. As such, no matter how much good advice is given here, it won't even reach those most in need of hearing it. And all because its just delivered in such a rude way.

Flying Shortly's last post quite deservedly earned him "a rest" for his language, however, his feelings represent the silent majority here of hundreds of wannabes who equally deservedly feel a bit miffed at being called all manner of names for daring to suggest they want to fly professionally.

How about greater emphasis of the fact that the recruitment cycle by its very nature means things will inevitably pick up again at some time in the future? And that successful and enjoyable careers in aviation will still be there for those people willing to sit out this downturn for however long it lasts.

More people would listen.