PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 27th Jun 2009, 21:34
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 168 Likes on 65 Posts
Au Contraire

The reference to no hopers was specific to the postings where people couldn't master basic spelling. This is an ongoing theme in aviation training. Those that have the money, spend the money, but will never earn the money. Seen it, taught it, talk about it.

Survival of the fittest was once again a comment on someone elses posting. The most fit right now are the ones who HAVE NOT spent any money getting an IR or an ATPL exam sequence. They are fit because their PPL and CPL and hours do not expire - they merely exist in a logbook, forever at no cost. Those that have acquired a Multi rating or an Instrument Rating are counting down against a £392hr clock.

I make people sit up and listen.

You just don't necessarily like it.

3 years ago I was pumping out the message to do an Integrated course, apply to CTC and to self sponsor your type rating if need be. I called it 'a golden age for wannabesim'.

Read your own context as is your right. But without knowing your history you're only going to make yourself look ignorant.

ps Flying_Shortly - now you mention it, you're not worthy, you're banned for a week - goodbye.