PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Round Britain 2012 - Questions
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 13:16
LynxSports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But there are legalities affecting flying after drinking - more restrictive than the drink/drive rules. Have you looked into this aspect?

I dont think you have understood what a serious matter alcohol is for pilots. The regulations are very strict and you should not put yourself in the position of encouraging pilots to break them.

I'll believe that you might personally know a few, in which case you should consider shopping them before they kill themselves or others.
Please accept my apologies for my flippant remark, as you seem to have assumed that i know nothing about what the effects are and can be. After 23 years in the Army of which 13 where flying the Lynx i do know a few who can drink but that by no means indicates that they drink all night and jump into an a/c. So i am not in any way suggesting that you would do this event and get drunk each evening, i am saying that there would be an event on at each location.

englishal,

Thank you for your comments, very helpful.

We could look at offering a service to source the whole package, accom etc and as a group order we would most likely get some good discounts to pass on. However, as you noted with the LeJog what people want to pay and what standard of accom can be a bit of a never ending pain in the .... To that end we where considering leaving that to entries. You would get the whole event sorted for you which would include landing fees, parking etc included.

I think you answered your own point re the route, yes we could incorporate all sorts of elements but we want to make it interesting for all and we could perhaps have classes dependent on experience/type etc also.

Once again thanks so far to those that have made comment.

Regards
Stuart

THE ROUND BRITAIN POWERBOAT RACE 2012