PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 10:44
mostlytossas

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have no axe to grind with any airline but post this as a purely personal observation. My son lives in Alice Springs and I in Adelaide. Since Tiger started Adelaide- Alice services he has travelled with them 3 times and I once return on that route. I can honestly say I can't fault them at least on the flights we all were on. They left on time and arrived on time each time.In fact 10minutes early mostly as they had boarded already.
In flight service is no different to Virgin or Jet *,and not far behind Qantas only because you pay for anything extra.(you do at Qantas too but it's in the ticket price). The aircraft were clean.The fares are very competative. To give you an idea on the way up I was seated next to a fellow who decided only a day or so before to book and he was quite pleased with the fact he got a ticket for $300 approx return. Qantas was over $1000.
I didn't want to tell him my ticket was half that,but I did book weeks earlier. Leg room is standard to all economy airline seats.Bearable for short flights cramped after that. Loads were good on all flights, my guess 80%.
I would not hesitate to use them again and in fact will if they stay competative.
My only gripe and it is minor and not Tigers fault anyway is that at Adelaide at least they seem to be put at the ends of the terminal so you need to be happy to walk a long way to your aircraft.