PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 26th Jun 2009, 02:55
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 169 Likes on 65 Posts
Well that's quite a rant.

Do you think I went to Eton or something? Several of my year and two of my class have done long stretches for drugs and violence. I have the distinction of being the ONLY student who gained an A grade at A-level in my school - it was not good. We could do a 'three yorkshiremen' sketch about the shortcomings of our schools all day A&C and neither of us would win..

My reference to the 'pointless goals' was limited to the people who have worked so hard and spent so much to gain CPL/IR's in the last 18 months. These time expiring qualifications have been pointlessly acquired at great time, skill and cost against a background of near zero employment prospects. That is all I wanted to illustrate to those thinking about imminently following suit.

The fit that survive will be the ones who have delayed their training and whom will enter the employment market at the appropriate time. Thats the brutal truth.

A&C you ALWAYS perceive what I write as being arrogant, judgmental and negative and you often pop up to say so. Do you never look at my posting record and note the times when I've described the current climes as being 'a golden age for wannabes' or see the times I've described the job as ' the best in the world'.

There are peaks and troughs in this industry for Wannabes. My decade+ record here shows that I trumpet both.

Without shame I pump out a negative message at present. I have been proved right to have done so. Even without that the message is but a whisper in the storm of spin and marketing which is directed by the Vested Interests towards Wannabes.