PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Command upgrade and fleet transfer policy FCI 2009-046
Old 25th Jun 2009, 19:35
EK380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boys (and girls...),

I've been at EK for a while and have some thoughts for especially the affected F/O's by the FCI.

First of all, I surely don't agree with the new rules! I also must say I'm not affected by all of this, since I've been in the LHS for a number of years.

Even before the new upgrade rules, I've always had the following thoughts on upgrades:

You will get the chance to do an upgrade in a company like EK, when the company is doubling its fleet. When EK had 120 aircraft when you joined, you should get your upgrade when EK has 240 A/C.

1/You might think we need more captains than fo/s, because Training Capts and management capts don't fly as much on the line as F/O's. Correct, but to me, that's balanced by the fact that we need more fo's for the 3 crew flights, e.g. PER,KIX... than capt's.

2/Next point I always hear is... what about DEC's? I suppose the number of DEC's is balanced by the number of captains resigning (or being fired, lol!)

3/ Last, one fleet has always been a little faster than the other, but that just balances itself out after time.

All of this might be a simplified view, but seems to be not far from reality! Doesn't take rocket science, if you ask me...

I struggle to understand the guys that joined 1 or 2 years ago and seriously thought they would be upgrading after 3 years...

Your thoughts please...