PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 25th Jun 2009, 16:03
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to say that your last post was just about the most arrogant, judgmental and negative outpouring that I have seen in a long time.

I gag when I see this sort of superior all knowing advice and sentiment dished up by the self appointed good and great, to describe any ones efforts in any form of education as tragic footsteps and expended energy wastefully achieving goals which have proved pointless.

Having grown up in the early 70's and had the "benefit" of a state education the appalling quality of which is now the subject of a number of recent social historic academic works I can tell you a little about "tragic".

The education and preparation for life that these schools gave was very poor , in short I and a lot of other people had an education that only set us up for failure, imposed upon us by an arrogant but (I suppose?) well meaning middle class teachers who of course sincerely offered poor advice that completely undermined any sort of self confidence an further ambition......................

If you really want to see tragic footsteps then just take a look at the friends reunited page for my school, a whole bunch people who did not even come near reaching there full potential largely because they believed the "advice" from the self appointed experts.

Like WWW I don't think the integrated course is the way to go at the moment
and would advise a slow modular route while keeping a job, what I won't do is deride peoples efforts to better then selves and batter guys self confidence with posts like the one above.

As one who school no doubt put in WWW's no hopers pigeon hole I can tell you is was tough in the late 80's & early 90's especially when you had as I three tenths of all in the way of qualifications but if you guys just keep at it the economic worm will turn in your favour.

Just remember guys the situation at the moment is a bit "tragic" ......................what you have embarked upon is NOT despite the efforts of some to tell you otherwise.