PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged)
Old 25th Jun 2009, 12:56
greenbastard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancelling a Ryanair flight

Hi, hope this thread is appopriate to this forum. I'm new here - a mate who flies airbuses suggested I have a look here.

A friend is in a bit of a flap having just spoken to Ryanair's "cancellation line" in order to cancel some flights (Birmingham, UK to Girona, Spain; end of July). she tried to cancel online, clicked through the links, then found herself redirected to the "cancellation line". The person she spoke to was extremely rude, bordering on abusive, and informed my friend that she should simply not turn up for the outbound flight then phone to cancel afterwards. When my friend questioned such an absurd situation (politely), the call centre person shouted at her and then hung up while my friend was speaking.

Surely this can't be right? Anyone know the correct procedure for cancelling Ryanair flights? Looking around on other forums there are various issues with recouping fees when cancelling/changing flights, which seem very complicated. Seems Ryanair staff are trained to be obstinate about paying anything back.

My friend is reluctant to phone back and wants to be sure of the correct procedure here and what she should expect to get back. Anyone know?

Cheers! Bloody Ryanair..