PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industry Standards?? Any below standard Airline Pilots out there?
Old 24th Jun 2009, 12:39
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
While I wholeheartedly agree on this about some I can definitely say others would pass the test with flying colours. If I count it up in my career its about 50/50.
I agree as well. What I don't understand or accept is how the good 50% can pass the bottom 50%. It becomes a boys club were their standard is no longer relevant. Look after each others backs.

What I find interesting is the fact that there is no requirement to have undergone any training in how to teach people
Again I can only whole heartedly agree.
I cannot recall how many times I have seen my sim buddy having difficulty with something in the sim. The instructor's, all of them so far, simply say have anotheer go until they do one that can be considered a pass. The same person will return to the sim with the identical problem yr after yr. No improvement, no training.

That two day Methods of Instruccting, or whatever it is called is at best a box ticking exercise. It should not be considered as a serious how to teach course.