PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A330 servere turbulence
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 12:20
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VH-UFO
Dont make out that passengers are knuckledragging idiots who just love to ignore all the rules, because the majority aren't and in this case they aren't breaking any rules.
No, I never said the majority were.
I could state here, "hellllloooo? hellllloooo?" (taps said pilot on the forehead). Is there anybody home? Why didnt the pilot turn on the fasten seatbelt sign?
Because as flattering as it is to know that you believe we have mystical extra-sensory powers which enable us to see into the immediate future in total darkness and without input from modern technology, he probably didn't see whatever it was that caused the turbulence, either visually or on radar. We could of course just leave the seatbelt sign on all flight, regardless of whether we think it will be smooth or not, and just have you wee in your pants.
Is it compulsory to wear seat belts when the seatbelt sign is out in the cruise?

No its not. Its advised to wear them, but its not compulsory, so if your not going to enforce such a rule then dont come on here implying all pax are boneheads because they are not wearing them.
YES it IS while you are seated. The spoken PA after takeoff, as per the script, quite clearly states "IT IS A QANTAS REQUIREMENT THAT YOUR SEATBELT BE FASTENED AT ALL TIMES WHILE YOU ARE SEATED". The sign is turned off specifically to allow people to go to the loo or have a quick stretch, and to allow the crew to move around the cabin. But hey, don't worry about it. Do whatever you like. Don't mind me.
Incidents like this will always happen because at some stage there will always be someone heading for the toilet or stretching there legs (you cant expect someone to sit in an airline seat for 8+ hours).
Yes, and those who are stretching or going to the toilet are not the ones I am aiming at. I'm aiming at the the substantial number of passengers who are thrown against the ceiling from their seat during unexpected turbulence, exactly like the lady reported in the aforementioned news article.

Sh*t a brick. Breath.......in......out......in.....out. Easy does it Dutchy.......

Last edited by DutchRoll; 23rd Jun 2009 at 12:36.