PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Command upgrade and fleet transfer policy FCI 2009-046
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 07:02
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown with lots of ex RJ guys and yes, a few are on a steep learning curve. But for the most part, they are good guys with good attitudes and that is all anyone can ask of them. Emirates hired them and according to EK, all F/O's are deemed suitable and they predict a successful 'apprenticeship' to command.

So what do these new rules signify? EK now deems a large percentage of F/O's as unsuitable for command. Either EK got it wrong in hiring some people or they have a hidden agenda.

If some people are struggling, then Training should identify the individuals and provide adequate training and supervision to rectify any weaknesses. Clearly that is beyond the capabilities of EK so they lump everyone together and use the lowest common denominator. It is piss poor management in my opinion. Almost every single F/O I have ever flown with, would do fine as a Captain (some better than others of course) There are a few oddballs who should never sit in the LH seat, but that is statistically inevitable.

The years ahead, for present and future F/O's at EK, looks pretty bleak. Just another reason to seriously review the desirability of this employer.