PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Command upgrade and fleet transfer policy FCI 2009-046
Old 23rd Jun 2009, 06:24
Panther 88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good one Smiffy. Some of my most challenging flying was in smaller narrow body aircraft. Here, seems 90% of our flying is "cleared for the ILS, call established". Of course there are the exceptions and some crews have had some difficulty.

Now Goretex, what in the world were you doing? Have your head up your third brown eye? C'mon man, it all starts with the very first briefing..."drop the gear at 3000 ft. if you have to, to be stabilized". Whatever.

This place is getting more like Cathay everyday. I benefited from the previous policy, but this is a bit much when decisions were made on "promises" told. Economic slowdowns are one thing, but some arbitrary flight hour number.....I will take an guy with 10,000 hours with a varying background in lousy weather conditions half the year over some pilot that has flown ONE aircraft, long haul only, with less than a quarter of the approaches and landings some RJ guy has.