PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 21st Jun 2009, 23:25
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well WWW the things I hear and what you say are somewhat at odds, I have first hand accounts of FO's being told to keep all the automatics in untill 300 ft because the Captains fear the FDR poilce.

However this is not what this thread is about, you are taking the very black and pesimistic view of things in aviation indistry.

At the start of my career an old and very wise Flight Engineer said to me "things are never as good or as bad as they seem at the time". I see the industry as having a tough time with a lot of people not getting jobs, the worst placed are those who have spent a lot of money at the pilot factorys.
Those doing the modular thing are much better placed.

Some of us have bucked the trend, some of us see a future in this industry, some of are motivated to help those trying to get ahead with practical help and some of us seem to be full of gloom & doom.

A little balance is what I seek your motives I am not sure of but if everyone followed your advice and did not train when the upturn comes the pilot shortage would push up wages and the whole cycle would start once more.

I cant help wondering if this is just like your house speculation, but I have to say I admire you if you fly the way you say you do, a lot on your company would not have the balls to do so!