PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 21st Jun 2009, 17:00
Zippy Monster

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
How about determination. Drive. Energy. Willpower. Persistence. Fearlessness. Self-confidence. Resolve.
This - that entire post, in fact - sounds like something from one of those self-help tapes. You can just hear the deep drawling American voice with the soft music playing in the background... thank you, however, for not adding the word "passion" to that list and saving my screen another load of vomit.

I am someone who believes in hope and faith and what is meant to be is meant to be and that any situation can be turned around as long as we all believe.
So that's where I went wrong last Autumn when I was told I wasn't getting my contract...

For all the nice sentiment and blind optimism there, believe me you would be feeling very different if you'd just finished your training and ended up on the cadet pilot scrapheap like those laid off last winter. Well done for getting on the course, respect to your decision to go ahead with it, but proceed with caution and listen to what people are saying on here. It's a great course, the instructors are excellent, you'll have a top time while you're training. But too many people who have seen the nice fancy PR videos and presentations have a sharp reality check when they come out at the other end and are forced to wait with eye-watering debts which are racking up interest, and a year's wait for a 6-month contract.

Enjoy the course, but go in with your eyes open and just think about it.

And join BALPA. Particularly as it's free to student pilots.