PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bermuda - Isle of Man
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2009, 09:00
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a serious note I would heed a big word of caution when considering any dealings with the IOM. It all looks so very attractive now because it's cheap but just wait til things start to go wrong.
You will then find that you are dealing with the biggest bunch of lying cheating incompedent shyters you could ever imagine!
Just ask anyone of the 11,000 savers that have been given the runaround by the IOM jokers who lost their money in an IOM bank last October.
Wriggling, squirming, doing anything to evade their responsibilities. Not the bank, the Government. "Government" is just a joke there. It is a village hall with nepotism running rife! And it's them that will manage your M reg.
UTTER F@@KWITS!
Unhappy Jack

How much did you lose? Maybe serves you right for trying to get a better rate offshore...........anyway whilst your generalised views about the IOM wont get any comment from me - it must be said that the British Born Big Cheese on the IOM is one of the few gents left in Aviation, He'll happily hand over his mobile number to any one of the 800 odd validated crew members of the 150 aircraft he currently has registered, as one of the first validated crew members on one of the first registered aircraft I can safely say that apart from some minor niggles its the one of the best things we have done and I would reccomend it to anybody from a CJ to an A340.

Some highlights amongst others

A new RVSM approval on the G or N reg can take up to 6 weeks - IOM 6 hours
Crew validations - same day if required
Validation of FAA A&P licenses
Call me old fashioned but being able to speak to them between the hours of 9am to 5pm is a good thing - the bloody CAA close at 4! Cayman dont get me started