PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abit of humour!
Thread: Abit of humour!
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2002, 04:36
Mark CRUISE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Abit of humour!

It is a little known fact that Santa has to keep his Pilot's Licence
current in order to make his deliveries every year and so the old
man wasn't surprised when he got a letter from the CAA informing him that an examiner would be visiting in the near future to run him through the usual check flight.

A detail of elves was sent out to wash, polish and service the sleigh and another group was assigned to combing the reindeer. Santa himself got out his logbook and the rest of the paperwork and made sure it was all in order.

On the appointed day the examiner arrived and over the ritual cup of coffee he inspected Santa's logbook and paperwork and made a meticulous review of Santa's weight and balance calculations. He then followed Santa outside and watched him run through the pre-flight walk round examing everything from the bells on the back of the sleigh to Rudolph's nose.

Finally he turned to Santa and said, "It looks pretty good so far.
Let me get one thing from my bag and then we'll get going." As the examiner climbed into the sleigh Santa noticed that he was carrying a shotgun. "What's that for?" Santa asked. The emaminer looked at him, winked and said, "I really shouldn't tell you this but you're going to lose an engine on take-off."