PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recognition Roulette
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2009, 16:39
LAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I echo the comments of slim shady.

Well done boys n girls, your timing is impeckable going for union recognition in the middle of an economic crisis, job losses, bankruptcy etc. Im sure that those at BALPA wont be talking un-paid leave in the winter months, while those that do are expected to pay their membership each month in full.

Im sure many personal stories will transpire over the next few weeks following the OTT sledge hammer reaction by the company to UK pilots. Mine is one were a promotion/move was promised last week and withdrawn immediately on the 16th. This is going to have serious implications for both my working/personal life/ plans. This freeze maybe short lived until they get desperate/suits them. Who knows, this is not the first time.

You can count on my vote and thats with my feet. Those that want the union, lets hope it lives up to expectations.

And........as other posters have highlighted and those that know how the RYR network is structured, the words "uk freeze" means that expansion is by flying aircraft and crews based in mainland Europe in and out of the UK to open routes. How are BALPA going to counteract that???