PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsorship Programme
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 19:41
flyhighspeed300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying

At the moment finding £70K for a intergrated course to gain a frozen ATPL licence can be very hard to get hold of. Plus you have the two years of living cost which add up as well. And on top of that you may have to find extra money for a type rating as well.
very hard.
but you do have the option of doing a modular course to gain a Frozen ATPL licence. doing bit by bit to help save on the cost. I ended up doing it this way.
its very costly and at the moment i have a frozen ATPL licence and a year on i havn't got an airline job or bussiness jet job. Its alot of money and you have to be 100% feet in. theres no going back after doing your CPL licence.
i am sure what ever anyone says your still do a Frozen ATPL course even if the job market is very very low.

as your 15 years old. one idea is to do what i did, when i wanted to become a pilot. that is to join the air cadets and get some free flying hours, which you can log in your flying log book. it will save you money when you come to do your PPL private pilot licence course. its now costly to fly per hour with aviation fuel.
or why not start to go gilder flying. again another idea which you can still log the flight time. plus also you can go solo at 16 years old. its a cheaper idea because there is no aviation fuel. this is to start with. or with your money you could go onto the AFE website and buy the 6 PPL books which are £20 each and start reading up on what you will need to know.
hope this helps