PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-92: From Design to Operations
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2009, 16:33
maxwelg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I read it, FAR 29.927 is still being assumed as applicable on the basis that there officially has only been one MGB failure due to extremely remote causes i.e the titanium stud suspect galling causes premature failure. If you also included the Broome stud failure on the basis that it was the same component that failed albeit as yet not officially confirmed due to different circumstances, then is the FAR29 certification deemed revoked based on more than one event in 10^7, or do you now say that with the steel studs that failure mode has been removed, or at least reverted back to extremely remote?

No dry run/ELS capability and probably not until the CH148 MGB re-design is complete will there even be the remote possibility that this new feature will be even applied to the S-92, so only the revised RFM to make sure you perform a controlled ditching. But with no SS6 active on the Cougar helos I'm glad we've now got the HUEBAs, all we need now is a proper flight suit to keep us dry and we've got a fighting chance of survivability, but SS6 IMO should be mandatory for our use of the helo.

Last edited by maxwelg2; 18th Jun 2009 at 20:11.