PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OATS and Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2002, 17:27
MagCheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Just a few areas to clarify. I know a bit about what's going on with relation to Ryanairs request for pilots from OATS.

Firstly lets sort out a bit of the incorrect statement(s) put on here.

Oxford Blue: Just a small point but you stated: that Ryanair asked: "Please could you recomend six likely lads straight from the top of the next self-sponsored course to graduate?"

However this is not the complete truth. Out of the 6 students that have now been selected by Ryainair from OATS, 5 are old students. 2 of which had been offered jobs by BE but as BE could not give them a definate date to start OATS put them fwd to Ryanair. Now those 2 guys finished in March of last year.

3 of the students are from courses which finished towards the end of last year and as for the last one his name didn't ring a bell with me but I was informed that he finished earlier this year.

Now to clarify I know these points to be true as I know 4/6 guys who were taken on personally and it came straight from them. Obviously its good to know that things may be looking to turn around and Congrats to the guys that got in.

Oh one other thing for Visual: All the guys who have been taken on were all self sponsored. I do however agree with the fact that OATS - especially as they use it as a selling point - should help ALL qualified students to find a job. Not just the ones that they can easily pass on.

My other point/question is that of Ryainair. Now I know for a fact that not all of the 6 that were taken, paid Ryainair the req. £50 with relation to an Application. So whats going on with respect to that area???