PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Q-Boxed food
Thread: Q-Boxed food
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2002, 12:19
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabinboy

You are right about the KISOX BISOX and similar fares, however these disappear getting close to departure date forcing full Y which is a pain in the butt when you are trying to provide someone with an overseas connector KIX fare which we often have to do at short notice.

As for the meals - with 4 J class sectors MELOOLMEL in the last few months, I can attest to the food being absolute crud - and even the bread roll would have still taken the swing after 50 overs. My clients pay top dollar for those seats and I am embarrased at what they are served. Service level was excellent I must admit.

It is not hard to produce palatable cuisine at a price. Many of my clients ride the rat to SIN now and connect Air France - and are now members of Frequence Plus, their frequent flyer program, because they say the catering even in Y is Cordon Bleu - as compared to Cordon Rouge.

One Peter Smith took over the catering at DPO many years ago when F27s had blue and gold stripes or red A's, and for a very good price produced excellent meals. He is now a multi millionaire with catering companies serving airlines world wide.

Nice to hear djembe had a good experience out of DPO too!!!

Best all

EWL