PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2009, 18:26
madflyer26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis,

Just an observation, why didn't you ask for an amended taxi clearance if you though you were taxiing into the unknown, or did you check where your tail-wheel was going to end up prior to swinging round.

Your assumption is mostly correct about the Radio facility, just because any facility tells you to do something doesn't mean your absolved from using your common sense especially if you have prior knowledge of incompetent practices.

Asking for POB on final is not a CAP 418 SOP but it's hardly worth reporting that on this forum. I am a local pilot and I have heard the RT and it's not great but you have to use your savy and decipher whats best for you. I would suggest that you visit the tower on your next trip and correct them on the error of their ways. These guys are all bar one non aviators, so unless there is a complaint all that's going to happen is perpetuating error.

By coming on here airing your grievances is in my opinion not the best course of action, affirmative action is much better and could go a long way to sorting the issues out. All you have done is highlight an issue but in retrospect could you have avoided it?

Phil Space,

The waste of money thing has been done to death and unless you have a cunning scheme to recoup the said money, drop it as it's boring as hell. Most people know by now of the debacle that went on, but it's time to move on and encourage more to utilise this magnificent site.

People who live in the past generally are afraid to compete in the present. I've got my faults, but living in the past is not one of them. There's no future in it.

Regards MF26

Last edited by madflyer26; 16th Jun 2009 at 11:57. Reason: final(s) singular not plural