PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flights at risk as pilots refuse to accept 'demeaning' ID cards
Old 15th Jun 2009, 14:11
cyclops16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the case of a homegrown terrorist threat ID cards will solve nothing.All they serve is to be able to identify the bodies easier. Did anyone notice that the Government said last week they are cutting the Forsensic Science people by 1/2 ,those very people you would need in a catastrophe to help identify the bodies by Dental or DNA records.So they cut down on the staff and give us all labels. Sorry, I mean't ID cards instead.This lot would make the Gestapo or the Stasi proud by their prosposed plan and the way they can have a complete file on everyone using 21st Century methods, it certainly beats the old card index.I also noticed that they have opened it up to outside contracts as far as I am concerned there are way too many ways for my ID to get lost between contractor (Chemist,Post office,etc) and the issuing agency and the only way they are going to get such personal information from me like my Fingerprints is via a fully legal source such as the Police who have years of experience and a fully accountable in these matters,not some snotty nose chemist whose bosses want a cut of the action.