PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So called SCABS
Thread: So called SCABS
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2002, 04:05
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSI. You are quite correct. I know for a fact that Ozzie 89ers tried to provide AOA disunion committee with advice on what happened in Oz. They were rebutted - different time and place being the ostensible excuse for ignoring them. Well, the place, here in Hong Kong is far less hospitable to union activity than most other places. I am not saying that's good, merely a fact of life here. The only way back to the negotiating table would be with a new committee. Hope the remaining membership speaks out against increased militancy at the upcoming election. The ones that shout the loudest aren't necessarily correct. CX management must be laughing as the committee fractures the pilot body yet again. There is no way forward as things stand. The ban is a joke, OTP is great, sickness levels are down and the company is making money. Why should they capitulate now? To all intents and purposes they have already won. I am still really sad that most if not all of the 49ers could be re-employed now if the disunion committee hadn't been pushing a different barrow.