PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay recruitment ban
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2002, 00:50
the Duke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cathay recruitment ban

Like many others I'm considering the pros and cons of throwing an updated CV to CX. As a result I've been doing a little homework on the industrial action, including having dicussions with mates in that particular airline, as well as mates in other industries, particularly those big on union support.

The feeling amoung the CX guys I've spoken with is to stay away until the ban is over, that if you accept a position you will be alienated etc.

Interesting thing is that when speaking with pro-union mates in other industries they wonder why on earth the current CX pilots, being so "for" the 49er's, continue to work day in day out. One even went as far as saying, "it goes to show how p!ss weak they all are".

Is it unfair for them to alienate new recruits when perhaps they themselves could be doing more, are existing CX pilots afraid of management's action should they step their own action up a few notches? Do they have no confidence in their union? Are the memories of 89 still too vivid?

Don't get me wrong, I feel I'm not bashing anyone, these thoughts are amoungst a lot of us looking to move up in our careers. Just thinking about the decisions ahead...