PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Asian Wannabees hoping to work in Hong Kong someday
Old 19th May 2002, 23:04
Cypher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funnily enough, I lost a position in a G.A company like this. I'd done nothing wrong, paid for a instructors rating and was told you'll get work. Low and behold I get ditched. Think anyone gave a rats @rse?? Think we should put a ban in place there too?

Yeah and like thats ever going to work. Some other pilot who needs the break will take it. I just had to move on. Hard I know, but somethings work for the better. And things got better...

I'm sure there are thousands of stories like this in G.A.

No I don't support what CX management was purporting, but there must be other ways to fight back than firing your hate back at a group that, eventually you will need their support. Apart from helping to create a dangerous situation on the flight deck, as people said, it will fragment the pilot body. One who supports management, and the other who support the HKAOA. Management gets away laughting as the AOA is tied up trying to now fight two parties, management and the new hires... who no doubt may even form their own union.. hypothetically..

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's bloody awesome the way that the union has supported the 49ers, but why not support them until they are able to find new careers?