PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 14:28
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CATIII-NDB
ASU - (Police) Air support unit - re Casulty Evac capability - Is there a suitably equiped Hospital in the West Mids that could take a night landing ? by the Police helicopter or are we talking about evac to a suitable airfield BHX/COV/HPG etc then onward to Hosp.
The serious point of all this, covered by others, was the enfirngement of the airfield by persons unknown - That's the point unfortunately - No doubt every Airfield operations manager in the country will be watching the developements in this instance. I seriously doubt that the person(s) who got in have any idea of just how serious the deed was. As just posted by others, the Police now have a replacemEnt capability. No doubt things will change and the SLF (like me) will pay.

Thanks

CAT III
ASU also has a different meaning at BHX.....Anyway, SLF won't be hit with any extra cost. The only time they get hit is when airlines squeeze the airport to lower fees. The SLF think then that they are getting lower fares. The actual cost just gets moved around. However I have little sympathy for someone who pays more for the taxi to the airport than the flight to destination....
So stop worrying and just get on with your life. Enjoy your flights You will be safe in the restricted zone.....(The Police Helecopter is not kept within the restricted zone).