PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why you should ignore the stupid ban
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2002, 14:33
jumpseat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.,"

That is the warning at the bottom of this page.

Already the replacement workers in HK are getting the picture.

Cathay's management can post here all they want, If and when you arrive in HK you will find out the truth.

If you know any of the 16 already here, I suggest you call them.

There is a recruitment ban on. It doesn't really matter what you think of it. It exists.

Join if you like, but don't say you were not aware of the possible consequences.

Email Ted Murphy, the President of IFALPA , if you have doubts about the bans validity.

Any U.S. Pilots breaking the ban will shortly have their names appearing on the jump seat protection list in N.America. So whether you agree with the ban or not, you will appear on that list if you break the ban. USALPA are firmly supporting the ban, as are all associations represented by IFALPA.

I do not condone intimidation or harassment of replacement workers but their are many around who do. Regardless, if you join, you WILL be blacklisted for life. Whether you agree with the ban or not.

Think carefully. Do you really want to join a company with an industrial relations record like Cathay?

Do you really want to be blacklisted?

We were blackmailed in 94,99, and in 2001, 50+ pilots were terminated for no reason.

This all happened because The AOA has no industrial muscle.

Anyone refusing an upgrade because of the ban will be fired. Anyone taking part in a strike, will be fired.
Anyone that so much as looks at the Chief Pilot the wrong way, will be fired.
Anyone looking the wrong way at a replacement worker, will be fired.

That's the way it is at Cathay.

I'm not saying we are unique, because we're not. I'm sure it happens at other operators.
I'm just asking you consider the consequences of coming to work at Cathay Pacific Airways.

I've seen posts claiming that pilots are leaving the union. That's true. But it's the senior guys that don't have the guts for a fight that are leaving. The young turks, the unions strength are stronger than ever. There are very smart people joining the committee. We have the support of professional pilots all over the world.
The airline is losing pilots a lot faster than the union., so there will be jobs galore shortly. The management will have to address the 49ers issue and the replacement workers issue because they are NOT going away. The fact that the rats have been running on this forum makes that very clear. The jobs will still be there when the dust settles. Management has made it very clear that refusing a job whilst the ban is in place does not go against you.

A secretary on the management floor is "dating" one of our S/O's. She knows for a fact that management are posting on this forum as part of their strategy. I'll let you decide which posts are theirs.

If you have any questions about the ban, please speak to association. The email address is [email protected]

Remember, it doesn't matter a jot whether you agree with the ban or not. You will have to live with the consequences of being blacklisted if you break it.