PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scotia
Thread: Scotia
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2002, 12:23
roundwego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like the old Brintel management running Scotia hasn't been able to change its spots since the old days when it could never plan more than a few days ahead. I am told that their training department has been busting a gut trying to get their pilot numbers up to their management's target and whenever it was achieved, the management said they now had too many.

Must be totally demoralising for the training captains and who would risk joining Brintel ( oops, I mean Scotia.....or do I ? ) when the chances are you will be sacked in a few months time. They fired pilots just after the Bond take-over then realised they had screwed up and started employing almost straight away. You would think they would learn but I doubt Brintel's competence to plan anything with any reliability.

Someone told me that Bond had never had to lay off pilots in 25 years. The ex Bond people in the company must see quite a difference. No point in giving anything extra for loyalty's sake nowadays. Just take your money and go home.

I presume the same is happening in engineering and other support functions. No wonder the oil companies have been desperately looking for a third operator for the North Sea. Any news on that front ??