PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Q-Boxed food
Thread: Q-Boxed food
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2002, 06:21
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In January while traveling Bn-Sy on QF at dinner time we were given a box with a couple of very dry bread sticks, a small punnet of salsa, some crackers and water

QF ARE YOU MAD PRISONERS IN LONG BAY EAT BETTER

God I hate bean counters.....'airline management' is an oxymoron.

Compare what can be bought for $5 in any decent take-away shop and then what you get on an airline as part of your ticket price...unbelievable.

We payed about $250(+Taxes) odd each, 1 way for our tickets...red E deal via the internet...lets say for arguments sake that was the average fare payed that flight...I'd bet it was higher though...the aircraft was absolutely full...as they all are these days on the Mel-Sy-Bn triangle...150 odd seats in a 737?...that's $37500 minimum that QF got for the sector

Now I only have a vague idea what DOCs for a 737 are for an hours flight...about 3000 US at a guess...lets double it for all the sundries...let's see USD6000= damn near A$12000 costs to deliver the 'service'...that leaves A$25500.00...and yet we can't get a decent meal and a few cups of coffee/tea???

All the above numbers are merely an educated guess...but it wouldn't cost A$1500 to provide a decent feed for all on board.

Chuck

Last edited by Chimbu chuckles; 19th May 2002 at 06:40.