PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR FIRE PILOT UNION CHAIRMAN
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2001, 02:52
Stand by your man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Flame, exactly how stupid are you?
You posted:
And, as for the 2 points raised, not one person has answered either of my points
for the record your two points were:
As far as the two recent dismissals are concerned...I consider myself an even minded person and cannot understand a Captain wanting a revenue pax taken off a flight in order that he can travel approx 40 minutes to his destination in comfort. Maybe someone can explain to me a good reason for the Capt. adopting the position that he did. With regard to the second incident..how is a Capt to have proper charge of his aircraft if the person in the right hand seat refuses to obey a direction, that neither involved danger or compromised safety..?
Now, your first point.......Capt Duffy "adopting the position that he did". If you read my post above you will discover that the only position he adopted was to state that 5 people could not position on 4 seats (one cabin + 3 J/S). Do you disagree???? He did NOT refuse to occupy a jumpseat. Can I make it any clearer for you?? It was not a case of
a Captain wanting a revenue pax taken off a flight in order that he can travel approx 40 minutes to his destination in comfort.
The only reason a revenue pax would be offloaded was to allow the full positioning crew of 5 (Capt, co-pilot and 3 CCMs) to travel. This has been laid out in great detail for you...whats your problem...is it the math...or are you blinded by the sunlight emanating from the rear end of MOL.

Noe for your second point.....kindly reread Crossfeedclosed's excellent post above. Ponder the bit about disconnecting the autopilot. Now your second point was:
how is a Capt to have proper charge of his aircraft if the person in the right hand seat refuses to obey a direction, that neither involved danger or compromised safety..?
Do you understand that a stunt like that is DANGEROUS and COMPROMISES SAFETY???
If you don't then you have nothing useful to contribute. If you do, then why do you post such drivel as:
And, as for the 2 points raised, not one person has answered either of my points
If you STILL do not consider your points answered perhaps you are indeed irredeemably stupid. Your incomprehension beats me anyhow.