PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIFFY - Again
Thread: LIFFY - Again
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 08:10
Medway Control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a bit of blunt honesty

Javelin
As a controller myself, not in this area of the world admittedly, but the London TMA, I need to be a little honest with you. We dont hand out level restrictions for the sake of it, we hand them out because they are necessary. And the great thing about a Radar Control Service is that we are in control. If Shannon want you to be level 10 before Liffy, they want it for a reason, so do it. Fuel is important, but first priority is safety. WE are taught at ATC college three priorities, safelyorderly and efficiently. Safe is first! If you want to see why they restrict you, then visit the centre, otherwise just do it! standing agreements are not there for the benefit of pilots or descent planning, they are there to simplify the control system. If i want to amend a SA, I will. Because I am in control. They are amended every day in the London TMA, to move traffic. WE try and help inbounds and outbounds, slowing them back to holding speed etc as soon as we can, because we know the economic situation at the moment, but sometimes we just dont care that its gonna use x kgs of fuel more, all we care about is that you will hit the company traffic coming the opposite direction.
You are a pilot, we are atc. we dont tell you how to fly your plane do we?