PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Crew Service Desk Closed
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 19:56
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Can I make Two observations about this thread and one prediction.

First the prediction, Mr. Paxing said..

The 2 guys at the BOS desk are already strechted (sic) to their limits ( and they do a bloody good job i might add). Syd Bos desk deal with most international queries from CSM/CSS/BFA/AC re local and international issues. They have become by defacto our engine room to provide all operational support (used to be via ops but all the new kids up there have no bloody idea).
You have just sealed these guys doom. They will go the way of the service desk girls to force you to deal with Ops. Don't you get it? People below them displaying competency, knowledge and efficiency are a threat to know nothing Managers.

The reason is that the narcissistic Manager constantly asks herself "If my boss finds out that people who work for me cost much less and can do my job better than me, then I'm sunk". They work to remove these efficient people so that these painful comparisons can not be made by the know nothings further up the chain. I've watched it being done myself. The incompetent on $300,000 p.a got rid of Three people on $100,000 pa. who were all far more competent than he was and each of whom were capable of doing his job better than he did.

First observation: Fighting between LH and SH And pilots is music to your managers ears. Divide and rule.

Second observation: The one thing Narcissistic Managers are absolutely excellent at is fomenting internal divisions such as those displayed in the last few pages. They make it an art form. The easiest way to do it is through social bullying (eg: Holding meetings or functions from which one person or group is deliberately excluded). Creating artificial distinctions between groups (eg: Arranging different sub load privileges for different groups, or keeping them the same, but providing different access points with different powers ).

To put it another way, what QF needs is a top rate Industrial psychologist advising the Board and Senior Management and both following the advice with the interests of the customer paramount.