PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are all the OAA pilots?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 09:20
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Side 3: Employed low hours OAA grad with debts but an income to service those debts. (There are many in this category).

Dear God this thread is a right load of old b-----ks.

And as for:
Almost all are employed but not all of them as pilots (yet).
If they are not employed as pilots then the answer to the question is: NO
If the opening poster asks dumbass open ended questions such as "Are they all employed?" then he can expect answers like the one I gave. Of course not every single OAA grad is employed as a pilot. This is the worst pilot recruiting market for decades and no school can guarantee jobs. Spending a bit more to go to a place lik OAA may improve your employability but if anyone thinks that any amount of money should guarantee a job then they need their head examined.

As for the OAA bashing, if you didn't go then you don't get a vote. Don't go dripping about how bad OAA is and how much it costs on behalf of those who actually did. No-one likes the current recession, but it's not OAA's fault and I don't know any OAA grads who actually have any reasonable complaints about the quality of training provided.

I really shouldn't get sucked in to threads like this, but sometimes the unadulterated axe-grinding bulls--t needs a bit of a counter opinion.

Perhaps if Dartagnan, The Beak, DaraIreland et al would post where they did their training and their post training employment, then we could judge exactly how much credibility their opinions have.