PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Crew Service Desk Closed
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2009, 23:22
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Packrat

Longhaul is more complex to run than domestic.
Bigger aircraft
More crew
More remote workforce
Greater time changes
More time spent with passengers.
If we have BOS why then do we Cabin Crew Team Managers?
That would have been a better question.
Bring back the Service Desk
I am not getting into one of those pointless LH vs SH p1ss1ing matches - it ain't worth it. None of what you have listed has anything to do with the points I raised or the functions of a BOS Desk. Sorry, but it doesn't.

Why is it when someone, diplomatically, voices an opinion that differs to your own there is the same band on here that, predictably, go on the attack? I have been posting on here for over five years longer than yourself, Packrat, and I am getting tired of the bitter, catty or downright nasty posts when someone disagrees or has a different idea. Your post doesn't even make sense! I understand you are angry at change but please direct your angst elsewhere. Get the message.

We have lost Base Crewing at SH. These men and women are an intergral part of the lives of most cabin crew (casual and reserve mostly), yet the only bleating to be heard are the concerns for our colleague's livelihoods and hopes for redeployment.

The role of BOS and CCTMs are completely different. What on Earth do BOS do at LH?

Lowerlobe -
I am not sure about LH, but at SH BOS is only run by CSMs and the majority keep putting their name down to do it as they enjoy the role. Some are junior CSM who like the stability of the BOS hours, as opposed to Reserve Line.