PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantas Cadets
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2009, 04:56
mcgrath50

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Fair call coke, I concur that Krudd is pulling figures out of his arse, but if you take the three year course, plus two years industry placement (if you read the fine print 'The length of time in industry may vary due to bonding arrangements or contractual requirements. Qantas' requirement is for a minimum of 2 years employment, from the date of checking to line, in industry.' so it seems likely it would be more than 2 years) you would be looking at 5 years minimum before knocking on QANTAS' door.

In 5 years time (2015), QANTAS will need pilots there will be retirements, people moving to greener pastures even if the recovery isn't in full swing by then.

The cadetship is no better than the other ways of getting in the industry and tbh as long as I am learning and having fun I am happy to stay in industry as long as the employer and QF would keep me there.

Anyway as I said, I have some hope, not much mind you, and I can tell you my other options have become a lot more serious in the last 12 months!