PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Crew Service Desk Closed
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 21:59
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....the only positive thing about venturing onto QCC/1 were the folks on the Service Desk.

They were helpful ,cheerful and for the most part very professional.

So -WHY-would you make these positions redundant????

ANSWER= No one gives a ****e!

The clowns responsible for this action should hang their collective heads in shame. How do they expect us to deliver service on board when the service levels to us are pathetic?

Eg:

People Connect-useless , Operations-generally uninterested, "Management Team"-appalling, Staff Travel-grumpy, Cashier- care factor zero, BOS-depends on the person -not consistent..........I could go on !!!

So now the CSM's have to come in and do their own Blue Books and get Flight info from the poor coot in the baggage room.

GIVE ME A BREAK !!!

I agree -lets bring back Line Managers et al. Declare this Crew Connect farce instigated from Mark Hassell ( Who??) an unmitigated disaster and move on. In the mean time the damage done by all this could never be measured in some Engagement Survey.

Contrary to what Heads Down ( has he gone?) espoused on another topic......sure the Perth Base had its critics, however, the years between 2000-2004 were among the best I have seen, due largely to ( deep breath)-MANAGEMENT who actually delivered service and support to us. In fact, I recently had on a LAX flight .... the previous PER Line Mgr . He told me that after 24 yrs he is taking VR......'has had enough ! Another good one gone.

This draconian HR approach ( slash, trash and nuke !) will come back to bite in the future. More and more people ( as in QF friends/customers) are consciously avoiding flying Qantas and flying TG,SQ and MH due to the perceived gap in service delivery.

But all of this does not seem to worry the people at the top.

Arrogance is a very dangerous trait- just take a look at GM.