PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Cabin Crew Service Desk Closed
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 18:20
GalleyHag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont get me wrong ok I dont want to see anyone loose their job. However any information you may require is available via qf.com if you are late for sign on sorry but unless its an accident or late transport its really our responsibility to turn up to work on time.

A $120K package will save some of our jobs. 40 years ago yes a service desk was relevant we just need to adjust and move with the times things are going to be more automated and CSM's are sadly going to have to take more responsibility for the their management role.

There are levels and levels of cabin crew management that can be slashed and its beyond me why LG didnt slash and burn and bring back PDS's and Line Managers as they are already paid and no extra cost is required.

Its a brave new world where if you want information or support qf.crew will be your source and your csm and css will have to be on ball to answer any tricky questions.

BOS is clearly going to have to deal with everything but LG clearly thinks thats not a problem. I really feel for everyone loosing their jobs in our department but we cant just pick and choose what suits us guys.

P.S. Domostos please tell you got long haul you DESERVE it soooo very mcuh.