PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed wing flying.
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 12:39
c130jbloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are you going to get 50 odd CH47 crews when the present ones PVR? Who are going to engineer the aircraft when the Engineers, who we cling onto by our fingernails presently, all poke off to fix trains or do something else?
Err, there's not a lot of work on the outisde right now.....

Care to quote that at Catterick?
I did so at LYN in 2006 - got a frosty responce from the Army

I point you to the first quote. If you think transferring SH to the Army whilst a third of the fleet are deployed on ops won't hit capability too much, crack on.
It wont, if it was managed correctly.

Nice to see the Planky fleet with their finger on the pulse, offering well thought out solutions in these difficult times. Think of the money we could save if we used our personnel effectively instead of them checking in 12 hours in advance only to find the aircraft isnt coming and they have no kit!
Get real

The movement of one department into another happens all the time in the real world ( where you are going in 14 months ?) if there is a business case to support it and I am not just talking cash either.

As stated earlier by CAS, there is pain for all on the horizon, so why not take the opportunity to offload a non core element to another service which may be better suited to accept it.

And before you go off on one, how many other Air Forces around the world have this joint RAF/AAC helo set up ? So sort that out and you could probably take a chunk out of JHC while you are at it

No matter what you say about SH, it's just another cow

moo moo