PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Potential Amish Hasidic Hijack foiled by alert nervous pax not saying anything
Old 7th Jun 2009, 09:01
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To hell with religious tolerance! It's grammar tolerance that is important. I am an atheist, but if anyone wants to pray around me in public, that's fine- do what you like! To whatever 'God' you think is out there, but I have to say I do feel like tapping people on the shoulder and actually asking 'do you think there is anybody out there listening, and why?' I have sent Jehovah's Witnesses packing with their ears ringing to 'you're wasting your life- there is no God!'- they're fair game because they are trying to ram their nonsense down my throat. But I am a little demanding- all I ask is that these believers in their own particular religion don't decide to blow themselves up and take others with them, or decide that it somehow benefits their religion if a planeload of people get incinerated. I don't think Amish are so inclined. Too busy making candles and harvesting and minding their own business!

From that perspective, this thread does appear to have lost any sense of humour from perfectly reasonable, sensible and humorous moderation. People take religion so deadly seriously! Why? There's nothing there!