PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign Pilots, etc.,
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2002, 01:42
pipistrelle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My goodness what a can of worms I appear to have opened, let me reply in a non political way; - JW411 are you tone deaf?? TDKmk2 you continue to fog the issue with a quasi-political slant, firstly you you raise the spectre of xenophobia - what is the immigration policy in your own country (or ex-country)?? secondly,Your continual references to the comment I raised seems to be supported by the straw poll I posted, it was not my intention to make an emotive issue over our union and its' ability to safeguard the job security of the indigenous population of pilots. Your repeated references to membership of the bnp are at best misguided, certainly in my case. The issue of marriage is a particularly poor example to discuss as it is common knowledge that it has/is being used & abused as a back door into this country.
Once again I state that I think a mixture of new blood into any organisation is healthy, I believe that our overseas brethern should have a free place here but I also believe that our unemployed guys here have first call to work in their own country. Possibly the more politically correct amongst those who disagree with me would also like to see the denizens of the sangatte camp given free rein to enter the country.